So on sunday I decided that I would finish up this, originally the box which I made from scrap pieces of mat board (the stuff you use when framing pieces) which I glued together with UHU glue, then painted with various shades of green, the roof was layered with mulberry papers and clear glaze medium.. I painted the floors of the 2 main rooms and then glued those in after they were dried.
The pieces used for the attic floor and basement floor are pieces of scrap lutrdor which got painted with scraps whilst I was painting the rest.. for the hinges I just played around with some wire the first ones I made didnt work how I wanted so those got pulled off. Unfortunately it damaged the paint. But I repainted and added the new ones which work very well.
I simply coiled the black wire around a T-head pin and then placed it onto an L bent silver wire and then bent another corner in, then all ends were coiled around for the look.. Small silver paper fasteners were used for the door knobs.
The base is a piece of balsa wood stained with the same sort of green paint in a lighter shade, the stilts are made from painted bamboo skewers and popcicle sticks secured with the same size craft wire as used for the hinges. I hot glued a base plate to the stilts then the house to that.. and Voila~
If you make something like this I would love to see it!