Are you interested in taking part of a challenge?
* Gather a container to put the following items into, ice cream, small box.. or a zip lock bag..
* Gather a range of materials you have been stashing in your scrap pile, or from projects you work on over the next week or find laying around. Ones that eye you from the box you stuff them into or that have been sitting there, plastic bags are also good.. there are alot of different ones out there..
* Gather scraps of threads, wool, embroidery, fishing line, wire even hair can be used, or those pesky threads that you pull from the edges of fabric..
* Gather misc items, corks, pull tabs, rubber bands, snaps, closures beads, buttons odds and ends.. Anything you feel like you might want to use..
* Gather a base item or two, ping pong balls, kinder suprise egg, toilet roll, cone thread bobbin, anything! Cork, scrap of cardboard.. small box, you don’t want your base item to be very big, 6 inch or less is ideal IMHO or to match your scraps you have chosen to use, it is up to you but this is intended as a simple project.
* You can gather these until next thursday when I post Part II.. so take your time or just grab items you want to use up. It is up to you..
Put all the items into a container, you will also want to grab a small pile of paper, or a note book or use pages in one you already have going, it is up to you!
Over the next week ponder these items, how do you react to them, do they remind you of anything, how do they look together or alone write it all down, draw diagrams, there is no need to worry about your drawing skills, be as basic or as elaborate as you wish. even just random thoughts… You could even look at the items a few times, jot down thoughts that come to you and compare them, you can decide on a theme or color scheme if you wish.. Or a technique you have wanted to try.. Don’t make anything this week, just think about it. Jot down ideas, make lists.. Or leave it alone until next thurs.
Do take a google search on masks, read up on thier cultures and the beliefs that are attached to them. See where the search takes you and note down anything of interest.. Shapes, details.. or something completely unrelated…
Check back next thursday for the next installment! (and please leave a note and link to your site if you decide to take part.)