So my Bachelor of Arts (art) started on Monday, the two units I am doing for this SP (Study Period) are VIS 18 – Introduction to Visual Culture and VSW 11 – Introduction to Printmaking – Material and Conceptual Investigation. The first project for printmaking is to make a screw post visual diary. Originally I made an a4 version using a pair of pinstripe pants I brought years ago which will never get worn, the fabric was far too thick and ended up being rather bulky and not as well made as I had thought, so I raided one of the OP shops up the road and picked up some nice green fabric which has a very soft touch, the paper is standard cartridge paper, It was considerably easy compared with the other books I have made, the fact that I can add and remove pages at will is VERY handy!
Below are the Diarys, and below that is a lino cut I was playing with the other night, it is a small piece 2ish inch wide… I didn’t remember to flip the design around before cutting it.. the printed piece is on water color paper, which has a tea stain on it and is printed with W&N indian ink.
EDIT – Heres a look at the pile of prints I experimented with today, monotype prints 😛 Some I like.. some were.. well lets not go there.. heh
This is one of the pile prints, I played around with it a bit.. inked some scales and trees and added some naples yellow paint..